Unrefined Natural Shea Butter(Ori)
- It has UV protection
- it is full of antioxidants
- has not been reheated so it retains all its goodness!
- it has antimicrobial properties
- 100% natural and unprocessed
Availability: 16 in stock
Shea butter is a product of the African shea tree (Vitellaria paradoxa). Shea butter is the fat extracted from the shea kernel. Shea nuts are a wild-growing, natural ingredient that have been harvested and processed in West and East African countries for centuries.
Unrefined shea butter—the type of shea butter Omag produces—has no additional chemicals or preservatives added during the extraction process. HAS NOT BEEN REHEATED. This allows us to create shea butter that retains all of its incredible natural properties.
Raw shea butter is ivory in color, but you may have seen shea butter products that are white. White shea butter products are a result of processing during production. When shea butter is refined, it loses its natural ivory color.
Unrefined shea butter has a natural, nutty aroma that processed shea butter does not. Additionally, further processing of the butter can remove up to 95% of its natural vitamins!
Shea butter naturally contains beneficial compounds like…
- Tocopherol, otherwise known as vitamin E, and catechins, which act as antioxidants
- Vitamins A and F, which have pro-aging and moisturizing properties
- Oleic, stearic, linoleic and palmitic acids are just some of shea butter’s fatty acids. These are excellent for the skin’s barrier and allow the butter to meld seamlessly with the natural oils on your skin.